Wednesday 28 January 2015

Cinematography

I have a particular interest in cinematography and I'm working quite largely on it in my film lessons. I thought I could link this specific macro element to my media work as well and try to use certain shots that I like in my own music video. This could link to my love for Wes Anderson and his centred/symmetrical shots.
In our first edit I attempted to create symmetrical shots as I really like the idea of it, it didn't work as well as I wanted as it was an idea I thought of whilst filming and not a lot of thought had been put into it, but now I feel I will attempt it again when we go to film for the second draft.

Another shot I like is done a lot by Wes Anderson as well. The birds eye shot is one of his trademarks and I would really like to incorporate it into my own music video.
I can't really think how I would use this shot, or if it would even work in the music video, but I'm trying to think of ideas where it could be used and could also create a good effect. 

Other shots that we use a lot are medium close ups and close ups, as we want the emotion to be easily seen and felt.
Many of the shots we use are already on our storyboard, but if I choose to add more then I will draw them out and add to the animatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment